Sunday, September 19, 2010

There's nothing like Two Dames. Pearl Bailey and Carol Channing.


The first time I saw Carol Channing was on the Pearl Bailey special, she was a pure delight. Later in life, living in Los Angeles working at one of the Studios I got to experience Carol Channing at a benefit for The Actors Fund featuring the music of Jerry Herman. She loved an audience, loved to perform, loved to delight. It is one of my most treasured memories as a huge musical theater fan and someone who loves a great show. Music and Song colliding with BIG personality.  

One of the reasons my heart sings at the sheer mention of a musical theater evening and why I've hosted evenings of Cabernet and Cabaret is on full display here with two of the iconic women of their generations. Found this clip that brings me to the center of my being.


Side by side.
Unique.
Loving.
Joyful.
Radiant.

Entertaining.




Two women who won the Tony for their role of Dolly Levi in Jerry Herman's Hello Dolly.

Magnifique!

So much love to these two, now and always.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wonderful blog! I definitely love how it’s easy on my eyes and also the data are well written. I am wondering how I might be notified whenever a new post has been made. I have subscribed to your rss feed which need to do the trick! Have a nice day!

Anonymous said...

Hi - I am definitely happy to find this. great job!