Saturday, March 03, 2012

Mel talks Standing Naked at Mystic Journey Bookstore...


Just before the end of last year I got a gift of Pablo Neruda Full Woman, Fleshly Apple. Hot Moon. selected poems. The cool thing about this selection is it had the original Spanish on one side and the English translation on the other. The book quickly opened to El Desnudo. I loved it. It vibrated with that intensity of recognition. In English it is quite simply Standing Naked. It sounds super sexy in Spanish El Desnudo. I love saying it. When it connected with my beginnings of wanting to become naked and unashamed in the garden of Eden to the truth of myself in the spaces of my heart in the arms of that which is divine. I said. Huh. Ok. I get it.

Sat, March 3rd 7pm
MEL TALKS STANDING NAKED
(True Love & Intimacy)
MYSTIC JOURNEY BOOKSTORE
1319 Abbot Kinney Blvd.
Venice, California 90291

No comments: