Sunday, January 23, 2011

A Day of Gratitude

Somedays your heart is just overflowing with warmth and joy in remembering all the fabulous acts of kindness and sharing that our days bring. In thinking about how my whole "Love Everyone" journey started, today I want to thank Anne Morrow Lindbergh for her work, her efforts in sorting through life and for her journey to find a little peace and solace in the world. These words from her book THE GIFT FROM THE SEA became a wake up call to living my life in the pursuit of the truth, in a centered and authentic way, in the grace of each moment and in love with all that I see.

"I want in fact to borrow the language of the saints -- to live "in grace" as much of the time as possible... By grace I mean an inner harmony, essentially spiritual, which can be transformed into outward harmony. I am seeking perhaps what Socrates asked for in the prayer from the Phaedrus when he said, "May the outward and inward man be at one."  I would like to achieve a state of inner spiritual grace from which I could function and give as I was meant in the eyes of God."

This moving and insightful book delivered to me an uncomplicated truth - the reference to Socrates words, "may the outward and inward man be at one" - it was something my unconscious had picked up and wanted to share, wanted to experience and had unwittingly become ingrained in my days becoming a battle cry. In reading something that resonates "the soul thrills at what we all already know."  We are all speaking from the same source, the same human spaces of being, we may couch it obscuring it from the world, we may express it differently but it lives and breathes in all we do becoming expressions of ourselves through our actions.

The process of shifting gears in my life, from moving to movie making to the more solitary work of writing a book (that would become five books) opened so many doors to my understanding, brought me to places of wisdom beyond anything I could have ever imagined and most importantly brought me peace of mind, to a resonating love in full beauty and abundance everywhere I look accomplishing everything I could have ever hoped, bringing my inner and outer "man" in harmony. A harmony that is now humming!

It's interesting how history works, my knowledge of Anne Lindbergh would have ended with the wacky footnote of her being the mother of the Lindbergh baby except for my Therapist's love of books and a deeply resonating fear of water that brought the book into my hands. Anne broke through her early and painful tragedy, had five children, wrote a ton of books and was a famous aviator in her own right. She juggled it all beautifully, keeping herself open to the moments of quiet, and when necessary creating her own. She became a conduit for learning and the spirit of reclaiming an earthy energy.

Just as the tides ebb and flow, Anne's reminder and simple message that everywhere things seem overwhelming in a sea of change the next step is always available and waiting.

Let's borrow from the language of the saints and live "in grace" as often as possible. In infinite
love and gratitude for everything that comes our way.

May you live in the grace of each moment opening each gift that comes!



In grace and appreciation.


CHECK OUT MEL'S FIRST BOOK - WITH LOVE


GET A HANDLE ON WHAT YOU REALLY NEED TO DIVORCE
 

No comments: